This is the Harry Potter blog

AARP Card with enticing Insulated bag for all my eventual medications

AARP Card with enticing Insulated bag for all my eventual medications

It was bound to occur one of these days…

The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is after me. I am receiving so much AARP mail that I am beginning to believe I’ve already joined during one of my senior moments in front of Downton Abbey. Since turning the big 5 – 0, I have received so many little white envelopes with secret-society type lettering and the mysterious non-sender, that I expect they will soon be flying through my imaginary chimney in Harry Potter fashion.

It seems that by showering me with requests, they think they will win me over, sort of wear me down. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry wanted Harry Potter to join their school so badly they inundated him with invitations until his Aunt and Uncle whisked him away to a deserted island. Where should I go, I wonder.

Maybe I am writing the wrong book. Perhaps I will take a nod from J.K. Rowling and create a fantasy world populated with senior witches and wizards. Citizens with special senior powers like how to see over the steering wheel, make age spots disappear, the ability to lift sagging body parts with a flick of their wands, or how to stay awake past 11 p.m. I will call it, Winifred Quid Wields Her Magic Reach Extender.

Large print edition only, of course. And I will market it to AARP members.

What magic powers thrill you?

This entry was posted in general and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to This is the Harry Potter blog

Ah yes, the AARP deluge – imagine what we could do with all the money they spend on postage???

2. Martha says:

Please send me a copy of this new book….ASAP!!

3. Bobbi says:

WELL now, having been a member for forever, I can attest to the fact that AARP is helpful, informative,funny, serious and more. I especially like the featured over 50 young ( hell, to me they are kids) handsome guys with great heads of hair, no wiglets there, dominoes for teeth and fine advice on how to make the most of our GOLDEN (???) years.Remember my own boys are all in their fifties . Two of them came for a visit to help me throw out accumulated crud and gurry from my garage etc and we laughed ourselves silly at some of the writings that turned up as we churned the boxes and tote bags.
    I think of you “BIRDS” often and hope to see you sooner rather than later!
    xoxoB

Well, Bobbi, you make the transition seem a lot easier. I will be on the lookout for some of those pretty men in the AARP flyers! Miss you. Sally

4. Linda Morris says:

You rock Sally! Great writing-love your style. I’d like the magical power of wisdom before I turn 50-hurry!!! I’m nearly there! Or maybe magical mysterious glasses that bring to my view all I need to see~ oh wait, those are on their way (via the eye doc; my first ever pair-progressive trifocals!!) Hmmmm, magical powers you ask?..?..well how about the ability to forget all that “haunts” us & remember all we need to get through the day without embarrassing our friends & family (or whoever those people are that keep showing up in my house?)! 😉

5. Mummy says:

It’s magic when I wake up in the morning! I’ll pay a pretty penny to have a magic wand to raise my fallen butt.

6. Sally Sally says:

Mummy, simply back out of a room and save your pretty pennies.